Custom Search

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Moon Balls

This afternoon I decided I wanted a snack, and so I went to my kitchen and found I had the ingredients to make my favorite childhood treat:  Moon Balls!  So instead of grabbing a snack to eat, I grabbed a couple bowls, a spoon and a spatula and got to work!  Now, I'm not 100% sure why they were named moon balls; perhaps because once they're eatin' ready they have a similar appearance to that of the moon?  Either way, these little yum yums are to die for and great for entertaining a party!

Because this peanut butter honey treat is so delicious I have included the recipe & photos of my making them!  My poor phone got peanut buttered!

First things first!  Ingredients
2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter (I'm a Skippy Girl)
1 Cup Honey
1 Cup Non-Fat Dry Milk
Topping: your choice!  Rice Krispie Treats, Sugar, Ground Graham Cracker Crust or any other "powdery treat"

1 Large Mixing Bowl
1 Small Mixing Bowl (or pie tin)
1 or 2 Cup Measuring Cup
1 Large Spoon
1 Small Spatula

 Prep:
Make sure you  have your small bowl filled with your topping before getting your hand dirty!  Have your large bowl ready for deposits of peanut butter, honey & dry milk and let's get moving! 

First:
I poured in the Non-Fat Powdered Sugar (I buy the packet because they're pre-measured in 1 cup.)








I then measured out the  honey because it's easier to get out of the measuring cup.
 1 Cup Honey
 
 Now we add 2 Cups Creamy Peanut Butter

Pretty picture of the ingredients in the mixing bowl!



 



  Now We MIX!











Keep on Mixing!

Now we start to create!  Use the spoon to gather the magical yum yums and roll into a small ball, 
 



then you will put the ball into the bowl or pie tin with your topping - I used graham cracker crust this time.
                         


Like so:  
 Once you have rolled the magical yum yums into the topping, place into a large piece of tupperware

  
















You will keep on rolling the yum yums in your hands then into your topping then into the tupperware until the mixture is gone and your bowl is empty.









 Then if you're like me, you'll want to make everything is fully cleaned up...Grab that Spatula...YUM
 Place the Moon Balls into the fridge (with the lid on for freshness)
 Serve Chilled!
 Enjoy!












1 comment:

  1. Awww.... but the Jiffy Girl has Skippy instead.... =(

    I also make something very similar (and maybe slightly healthier) and SUPER AMAZING!!!! Favorite thing to eat hands down!!!!

    http://www.bodyrock.tv/2010/10/10/protein-balls/
    That is the recipe... except that I dont use any Agave... my protein powder is already sweetened with sugar alcohols, so I just add extra peanut butter instead. Super awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete