Custom Search

Thursday, December 26, 2013

I Can't Believe It

Well, Here we are. The day after Christmas. I can't believe it's over.







Christmas is one of my favorite Holidays. Each year Thanksgiving and Christmas battle it out for "Best Holiday of the Year" for me.


This year was quite a bit of a struggle for both holidays. I was laid off on the 18th of November, just a week and a half before Thanksgiving. It sort of came as a shock although I knew our company was thinning out. So I was put in a funk right before Turkey Day. But I was not saddened for long; I picked up a job almost immediately after getting cut. I started on Monday, December 2nd.

So, Thanksgiving was my last Hurrah!








Thanksgiving was grand, as always, my mother made the most declious Turkey ever and the family gathered and we had a great time. We even took tons of family photos for the record books. My husband and I took our 4-day weekend and went to Temecula the day after Thanksgiving and drank wine and ate good food. We relaxed and enjoyed eachother's company.

So with Thanksgiving over, December Starting, a new job under my midst, Time flew from my grips. It has been almost 4 weeks and I still feel like it's only day 2. My new job as an Events Manager at a hotel is right up alley in skill and expertise, but it sucks the life right out of my hands. I barely had time to shop, with the loss of the job and starting a new one, I didn't get my first paycheck till 3 weeks into work! I felt like I didn't put enough time and thought into the presents for my friends and family. Although I got them what they wanted, I didn't go the extra mile this year - like I do every year.


Christmas Eve lunch was spent with my mother & sister at Umami Burger - Truffle yum yums! Husband and I saw "American Hustle" *rental*, and spent the evening with his mom's side of the family; aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces/nephews. A Trade-a-Gift gift exchange and 3 pies! (I didn't have any)


My mother-in-law came over Christmas morning and we opened presents and caught up. Then we went to my mother's house and had a full breakfast with fluffly eggs, smokey bacon and country friend potatoes! My whole family was there and it was great. We opened presents, had some laughs and had our annual wrapping paperball fight - I think my brother won this year...We hung out all day, went and saw "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" which was adorable! Had a Christmas feast for dinner then said our goodbyes.


I can't believe it's over. Like a flash of lightening, Christmas has ended and now we carry on into a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment