Custom Search

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So, This Year  2013, I started doing what I never thought I would I would do: running

I now have a passion for running after many years of chanting "I don't run".

Now the biggest hurdle in my way is my desire to run early in the morning before work.  This is what competes with my sincere love of sleep

Why you may ask would I even want to run first thing in the morning?  well, for many reasons!  Physical exercise first thing in the morning can be the most effective thing we can do for our bodies in terms of weight loss.  Also, it can be so liberating to step out into the cool morning air and breathe in the freshness of the day that is to come. 

This past Saturday morning I was at the Newport Beach pier at 5:30am, why is a different story - I'll stick with the point.  I saw some very committed people come out in the running gear, to their morning stretches and go for a long run in the cool morning, beach breeze.  I thought to myself "How great they must feel during and afterwards"

So after years of wishing I liked running, to starting to jog, to running a 5k, to training for 10k & then a 15k, I want to wake up bright and early (may not be bright - daylight savings time) and run in the crisp morning air.

I am also signed up, as of yesterday, to do The Aloha 5k Run in San Diego in September.  The race starts at 7:30am - so I better be ready for morning cardio!  The coolest part of the run, there is Hawaiian music/bands playing at every half mile - I can't wait.  Sign up and run with me!

So the point of my blog is to ask my friends to push and pressure me into doing it.  Encourage me to get up and "be the change I want to see".  Cheesy, but meaningful.  So I urge you, push me, get out with me a run!  but meaningful in some respects

That's all.








No comments:

Post a Comment