Custom Search

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Preparing for the 4th of July!

I am addicted to Pinterest, did you know this?  Well, follow me and you'll see all my pins.  I've been especially pinning holiday decorations and what better holiday than to plan for than Independence Day!

I am a wreath person - I want a wreath to decorate my door year round!  I made a Wine Cork Wreath which I LOVE!  Every holiday I change the ribbon for the season because, well...I always drink wine.  My new home that I live in has a door that faces west, which of course is when the sun is the hottest..blah blah.  My corks were glued on with hot glue, and the heat of the sun was so hot it ended up melting my glue and my corks were falling off one by one.  :(

So I went on to Pinterest and started looking for 4th of July wreaths and found this one that I loved.  So I made it!  Here's what I did:

16" Foam Wreath
Red Yarn
White Yarn
Blue Yarn
String
Wreath door hanger
Wood Stars
White Paint
Hot Glue
First I wrapped the Red Yarn, then the White Yarn than the Blue Yarn
*I did 13 Red & White Stripes as per the American Flag! 

Viola!

I then took some wood stars from Michael s and painted them White, then I hot glued them onto the blue portion
I LOVE IT!  
But it wasn't enough...
...
It needed something
.....
Patriotic
........
So I took a canvas tote bag and CUT it up into mini flags: 

 Then I had to make sure I made the right size letters to spell out USA, so I traced my flag and wrote up letters.
I cut the letters up onto some Vintage Fabric, Hot Glued the letters onto the flags and then I cut up little strips and glued them onto the top to hand them from.
I placed the flag on the wreath and gued the flags in place (becuase of the incline) 
I LOVE IT!

God Bless America
...
and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment